I was fortunate enough to be at the hospital yesterday when Mr. Dean came in to have his burns treated and introduced himself to R. R and K brought him out to the waiting area where I was with Laurel's sister, nieces and two younger kids. Wow. Too many words I could use right now and none express everything that, even just as a cousin, I feel. I can only imagine what is in the hearts of her husband, the kids, her parents and siblings, and in Mr. Dean himself.
Weilding my trusty camera, I was able to capture for her the moments Laurel got to tell him thank you.
She was telling him thank you with her words and her eyes and her broken body and I think he understood.
He was speaking encouraging words to her about what her job is now and how he knows she has hard work ahead of her.
He spoke of his family and anticipates meeting Laurel's parents soon since he often travels to the town next to where they live. His arm was bandaged and healing burns still visible on his hands. He said he never missed any work. After meeting him, I wasn't surprised. Some people just do what needs to be done. I am so glad he is that kind of man. And that is how he views his selfless act, as something for which he says "There (was) no choice".
And here is a miracle for us all to think about. Mr. Dean's wife kept him home for five extra minutes that morning because she wanted to talk to him. He gave in and had that extra cup of coffee. He said he was going to be a little late for work because of it.
Someone Else knew he was the right person for another, more important job -- and that he'd be there just in time.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tiffany. What an emotional few days you have had. Mr. Dean sounds like a wonderful man. You are right in that He made him stay home for the very reason of helping your cousin. Please let you cousin know we are praying for her. We are praying for all of you. Take Care.
Post a Comment