Sorry this update has to be quick but I did want to post since she had surgery this week.
Laurel's surgery went well on Tuesday. They were able to do the rest of the skin grafts, finishing up by grafting the skin on her forehead and back. Her greatest fear going in was the anxiety (FEAR) she feels upon waking up. She spoke to the anesthesiologist about it beforehand but wasn't sure he'd heard her.
When I talked to her on Wednesday she said it was like waking up from a nap and the best time out of all of them! Another big answer to prayer.
I got to visit on Wednesday and she looks great. A pastor and his wife from our church met me there and we prayed together. She is an encouragement to others at the center, particularly a little boy she cheers on as he takes forced, painful walks down the hall each day. And she is already talking about volunteering there when she is fully recovered.
I have to say that I admire my cousin. I am sure she doesn't feel strong, and probably doesn't want to be alot of the time. But her trust in God, her ability to do the next thing, and to keep laughing and crying (sometimes at the same time) are strength indeed. Wow. I am so proud. She is an example to me.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So brave..and I'm so glad she's coming along..It will take time!!!
I'll be praying for Laurel..
fondly, Deena
Post a Comment