Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday, September 26, 2008

Wow, I am really sorry it has been almost two weeks since I updated this blog. And alot has happened.

Laurel was moved temporarily to Emanuel Hospital. Then she was moved to rehab up in Washington. She was looking forward to that step, and toward making progress. Also, the kids are allowed in her room. So this is a major step. And I am sure also a welcome relief from the burn center where she was for a month. (Although as I say that, a month doesn't seem very long considering her condition upon arrival.)

Now that she is there, it seems as though they are in a rush to get her out of there. I don't understand this and am anxious to get more details from her mom and dad this evening. That first night of the accident, the burn doctor said it would be alot longer than that in rehab. So I am not really clear on why they'd send her home, seemingly so prematurely. There is concern about the grafts not being completely healed, movement still being restricted, how she can get along at home without medical assistance, etc.

I will see her parents this evening and hope to talk to her myself shortly. Thanks for caring and for your continued prayers for Laurel and her family.

No comments: